Meaty crimini mushrooms are finely chopped, quickly sauteed and then combined with lean ground beef to make a BIG burger that doesnâ€™t skimp on flavour!
1 lb. fresh crimini mushrooms, finely chopped and cooked
1 lb. lean ground beef
1/3 cup breadcrumbs
1 large egg
1/2 tsp dehydrated minced garlic
1/2 tsp cumin
1/2 tsp dehydrated minced onion
1/2 tsp dried oregano
1/4 tsp hot red pepper flakes
Crumbled blue cheese (optional)
1. In a food processor, finely chop mushrooms.
2. In a large non-stick pan over medium-high heat, cook chopped mushrooms until most of the moisture has been evaporated, approximately 6-8 minutes. Remove from heat and let cool slightly.
3. In a large bowl combine cooled mushrooms, beef, breadcrumbs, egg, and spices. Using your hands mix until incorporated.
4. Form into patties, and cook either on the barbecue or on the stove-top until internal temperature reaches 160 degrees Fahrenheit.
5. Place burger patty on buns and top crumbled blue cheese, and any other toppings you desire. Serve hot!
Recipe courtesy of Brittany Stager, My Daily Randomness.